We could all use a little more me time.
Having time out for yourself, without an agenda, is as important for your health as exercise and healthy eating. Yet it’s often the first thing to be scrapped when life gets busy.
Whether it’s work, family, volunteering or social commitments, you have to know when to say “NO” to external demands in order to be able to say “YES” to yourself.
In today’s video I’ll show exactly how you can take time for yourself every day, and why you need to make it a priority.
Once you’ve had a chance to watch, I’d love to hear from you.
Once you’ve “scheduled the schedule of nothing”, how might you use that time?
Join in the discussion by leaving a comment below.
Remember that this video is part of my series: 7 Ways To Love Your Body & Life This Week. Catch up on all the videos here.
Click the image to download your free Self Love Checklist!
Just to recap, here’s your task for today:
- Step one: Open your calendar or to do list for this week.
- Step Two: Every day schedule out a 30 minute block of time that’s just for you.
- Step Three: Consider how you might use that time; I recommend choosing something that makes you feel nurtured and relaxed.
- Step Four: Remember that this is a vital appointment with yourself, and nothing or no-one is allowed to encroach on that time. Set your boundaries and stick to them.
- Step Five: When you arrive at your me time appointment each day turn off your phone and be present in the moment with your self.
Then, dive into the next video, where I’ll show you how to quiet that negative self talk.
Thank you so much for joining me here on Jennifer Dene Wellness. I know that together we will create a bright, healthy and purpose-filled future for ourselves, and the women that come after us.