I’ll be the first to admit that I was no math whiz growing up.
In fact, I remember sitting in 9th grade advanced mathematics, tears streaming down my face, while my very intelligent, but not at all understanding teacher, Mr Patel, stood over my desk and pointed at the unanswered equation on my page.
“What’s the answer? What is it? What does this mean?”
I guess he figured that by repeatedly jabbing the end of his spindly finger onto my ink-smudged page — and asking me the same question over and over, in slightly different ways — that the Albert Einstein-esque lightbulb would switch on in my brain, and I’d be able to provide the correct answer.
As you can guess, that didn’t happen.
Mercifully, the next week I was dropped to basic mathematics with the tolerant Mrs Dwyer in room 17J.
Now you may be wondering what this story has to do with your health and happiness, which is a fair question to ask.
Well, scarring childhood memories aside (and the fact that I still struggle to multiply anything that doesn’t end in “0” or “5”), I’m actually a rather big fan of financial books.
And in my readings I’ve realized that my healthy living philosophy is very similar to my take on finding financial freedom. That is to say: a simple and sustainable strategy is going to reap more rewards than a flash-in-the-pan investment with the promise of a quick return.
Play the smart game and you’ll be set up for success…
But try to cut corners for an overnight win and you’ll ultimately find yourself $10,000 in the hole, or in this case, 10 more pounds overweight.
I came to this conclusion after comparing my wellness programs, and health and nutrition philosophy, to those currently making headlines in the glossy magazines.
The popular stuff is very sexy:
- Add butter to your coffee and lose 10 pounds by Friday!
- Restrict calories two days a week and eat whatever you want the rest of the time!
- Train so hard that you want to throw up, and you only need be in the gym for 10 minutes a day!
My stuff, it seems, is more like what your mum might have told you growing up:
- Eat your greens…
- Get good quality sleep…
- Be nice to yourself…
- Don’t eat directly out of the chip bag…
It’s ok, you can admit that it seems less cool…
I know it too.
But if you’ve been following along with me for a while you’ll realize that I actually have very little interest in being cool — largely because it’d put a cramp in my “pajamas by 6pm” evening routine.
My main concern is with creating a healthy lifestyle that is simple, effective and sustainable.
And the problem is that “cool” and “sustainable” tend not to go hand-in-hand.
So you have a choice to make, my dear friend. Here are your two options:
- Be cool today and then commit to staying up to date with the latest trends, fads and quick fixes. (Warning: results not guaranteed.)
- Buck the Hollywood trends, and trust that my “back-to-basics” approach is guaranteed to help you reach and maintain all of your wellness goals, and attain life long health and happiness in the process.
Gosh, that last option almost sounds a little sexy, don’t you think?!
So press play on the video below, where I’ll walk you through 14 of the best healthy lifestyle habits so that you can become a wellness Wonder Woman from the comfort of your own jammies.
The Best Healthy Lifestyle Habits For Sophisticated Woman (like you and me)
Once you’ve had a chance to watch, I’d love to hear from you!
- Which of these 14 habits are you going to focus on first?
- Are you willing to invest in your health by making simple and sustainable changes to your current lifestyle?
Let me know by leaving a comment below.